The length of the DG613 has been reduced to make it easier to set up the lasers into tight inverts in the manhole. The DG613 has a grade range from -12% to +40% and is fully self-levelling over the entire grade range. Even the cross axis is fully compensated – providing quick set up and peace of mind that the laser will be level without having to adjust at the bottom of the invert.
The DG613 works over a distance of 150m (500ft) providing full operation in a single set-up between manholes. The new RC803 remote control provides full function control and utilises infra-red light in the pipe for up to 150 meter (500 feet) control. For “over-the-top” setups, the remote utilises radio communications up to a distance of 130 meter (430 feet).
Flexible power options provide 40 hours operating time with NiMH rechargeable batteries and 50 hours with alkaline batteries. Alkaline batteries can be used directly at the laser without a separate battery pack. An additional car charger is available for work in remote areas.
Large graphical user interface can be seen easily when the laser is in a manhole. All functions are available via graphical menu which makes it simple and easy to use – no secret button pressing and short learning curve means it can be handed to anyone in your crew with little or no training. The same graphical user interface is used at the RC803 remote control.
The Spectra Precision DG613 has advanced functions that make setting up and using it easier and more accurate:
Line-Set, check allows the laser to shoot the beam upwards to align to the next manhole from a short, deep trench as the beam will move up to 100% in seconds.
Line scan allows the beam to sweep quickly (left and right) and can be stopped on the target at the bulls-eye position using the remote control.
Line Alert is automatically activated once the grade and alignment are set –warning the user that the set-up has been disturbed, avoiding costly errors and re-work.
The DG613 has a bright beam that can be easily spotted in the pipe and enhanced with the patented target that bends the beam upwards making it easy to see when looking down at the pipe reducing the need to bend down to see the beam when in the trench or standing above the trench. Multiple attachments are available allowing the DG613 to be mounted in pipes of any size from 150mm (6 inch) upwards. A blower is also available to evenly circulate air through the pipe to avoid refraction of the beam inside the pipe.
• Accuracy, Self-Levelling (level): ± 1.5 mm/30 m, (1/16 in @ 100 ft), 10 arc seconds
• Operating Range: up to 150 m (500 feet)
• Laser Type: red diode laser 600 – 680 nm
• Laser Class: Class 3A/3R,
• Self-Levelling Range
– Longitudinal: Over the entire grade range with automatic cross axis compensation (no rough levelling required)
• Grade Range: -12% to +40%
• Spot Align Search Range (DG813): up to +45° (with SF803 tilted to the laser)
• Line Range: 20° ±1°
• Levelling Indicators: LCD indications; beam and LED flash
• Power Source: 10000mAh NiMH battery pack
• Battery Life: 40 hours NiMH; 50 hours alkaline
• Temperature Compensation: Yes
• Length: 25 cm (9.8 in)
• Diameter: 13,5 cm (5.3 in)
• Operating Temperature: -20°C to 50°C (-4°F to 122°F)
• Storage Temperature: -20°C to 70°C (-4°F to 158°F)
• Tripod Attachments: 5/8 x 11 horizontally
• Dust and Water proof: IP68
• Weight: 3,98 kg (6.61 lbs)
• Low Voltage Indication: LCD battery indicator
• Low Voltage Disconnection: unit shuts off